Smoking facts: 9 shocking facts about smokingSmoking has become very common in teens as well as aged people now-a-days. It starts from fun and style, and unfortunately ends at death.
For many people it is just fun while many people smoke just because their body is addicted to tobacco and according to them they think can’t live without it.
We are going to share some shocking information and facts about cigarette and smoking.
First of all, let us tell you about the ingredients of a cigarette. A cigarette contains more then 7,000 chemicals in it, Nicotine is one and major of them that is addictive too. In these 7,000 chemicals, several hundreds are toxic and 70 of them can cause cancer.
Some of the most harmful ingredients of a cigarette contains lead, radon, tar (tar-col), radium, carbon monoxide, ammonia, hydrogen cyanide and uranium.
In fact, if we write about them in detail, we can write dozens of books on it.
Shocking Smoking Facts:
- According to many scientists, a smoker will live 14 year less of his life than a Normal person.
- There are about 1.1 billion smokers in the world and 300 million of them are in China.
- According to British scientists, every cigarette you smoke can shorten your life by 11 minutes.
- Due to smoking, supply of blood to your skin reduces that can lower the level of Vitamin A in your body and also your body gets paler and full of wrinkles.
- About 3,000 deaths occurred just because of second-hand smoking, means if you are a smoker then you are a direct danger to your family, friends and relatives.
- In last one minute, about 7 people died just because of smoking, that means smoking claims 1 life every eight seconds.
- Lung Cancer, Blood Pressure, Heart Attack, Skin and Mouth Cancer are some major diseases that can be caused due to smoking.
- If a pregnant woman smokes, the chances of her miscarriage are increased.
- 90% of the lung cancer patients are smokers.